Friday, May 15, 2009

Is it weird?

My mother-in-law is coming into town tonight. I'm excited! I get to see her about every other month. She lives in Washington, about 5 hours away. Is it weird that I get excited? How many women out there love when their MIL comes to visit?

When I told someone at the gym today they were like, "Oh, I'm sorry."

I don't take for granted that her and I have a great relationship. I make sure to tell her how much I enjoy spending time with her... and she does the same with me. I have been blessed with 2 very loving, easy to get along with MIL's.

No one else in either of our families has had a family of 6 (besides her), so she knows how it feels and never judges if my tables are dusty or if my floor isn't swept. (Although I always clean right before she comes, its instinctive I think)
She does my dishes while she's here and helps make the meals. She doesn't get anxious when the kiddos are being loud or they have toys everywhere... she just offers them candy and tells them to hurry and eat it before dinner, LOL

Here's to great mother-in-laws... I hope one day I am one of them.

1 comment:

Bri said...

If being excited to have your MIL visit makes you weird, then I am a weirdo right along with ya!

My inlaws were here in March. I think I was more excited than the kids and Nick! :) Honestly my MIL and I are far closer than I have ever been to my mom.